revolutionary tools.  groundbreaking articles.  proven results.

What to make of the St. Louis Rams and Johnny Manziel
image via wikimedia commons
image via wikimedia commons

via What to make of the St. Louis Rams and Johnny Manziel – ESPN.

Our NFL Insider Chris Mortensen reported Wednesday evening a Rams’ contingent, including coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead, is set to conduct a private workout with the Aggies’ version of the Holy Trinity: Manziel, tackle Jake Matthews and wide receiver Mike Evans. That workout is scheduled for Friday.

Then there’s this tweet from Dane Brugler:

As Dane says, this looks like an elaborate ruse to get another team to trade for the 2 pick.

It’s worth remembering that the Browns have previously been baited into trading up a few slots in the draft. That happened in 2012, when the Vikings made them think that they had another team ready take Trent Richardson. Cleveland gave MIN the 4th overall, along with picks 139 and 211 in order to move up one pick.

So it looks like the Rams are trying to see if they can get CLE to bite this year by rattling the JFF sword.

I guess it’s possible that the Rams really like JFF, although I’m going to say there’s a 70% chance this is a trick, and a 30% chance they’re sincere.

recent and related

In case you missed it

Rapid Reaction: Third Round Opportunity Outlook

  What a crazy ride Day 2 of the draft was. I’m exhausted from excitement. The landing spots attained by the high end skill position players in this class is going to make this draft class a force for years to come. The third round will have a more abbreviated

Read More

2019 Dynasty Rookie Rankings and Tiers: Post-NFL Draft Edition

  Post-NFL Draft 2019 Dynasty fantasy football rookie rankings are here! Which rookies hit the trio of strong profile, early draft position, and great NFL landing spot? The RotoViz team has already adjusted their outlook on which players are the best dynasty investments. I’ve drawn in the tiers based on

Read More

Box Score Scout: 2019 NFL Draft First-Round Player Comparisons

  February to April is ruled by Draft Twitter. Countless hot takes, I’m right/you’re wrong, and no middle ground. As always, there were plenty of surprising draft picks, which certainly affects fantasy football value. While the media oftentimes uses the best case scenario for player comparisons, the RotoViz Box Score

Read More

3 Rookie WRs I’m Targeting in Dynasty Leagues After the NFL Draft

  With the NFL Draft in the books, it’s time to turn our attention to dynasty league rookie drafts. Some wide receivers landed in perfect situations while others fell further than expected. With receivers like Hakeem Butler and Kelvin Harmon slipping to Day 3, rookie draft position is in flux. However, some

Read More
Connect
Support

rotovizmain@gmail.com

Sign-up today for our free Premium Email subscription!

© 2019 RotoViz. All rights Reserved.