Fanduel is one site that allows you to see the entire rosters entered in the Thursday GPPs, which is one way to double check your thinking vs. the top players in DFS. I’m always trying to look for sources of information that will give me a clue as to whether or not I’ve considered all of the good alternatives, so I really like the ability to see the other rosters entered in the Thursday GPPs.
The table below shows the percent ownership among Fanduel entrants that I’m calling the Sharks, or Fanduel managers that are among the top 400 in NFL wins.
|Player||Salary||Pos||% Shark Owned|
|Kansas City Chiefs||6500||D||6%|
- Out of the Thursday night plays, only Keenan Allen really delivered any value and his was essentially fluky. In yardage terms Allen didn’t produce any more than he did the first time the Chargers and Broncos met. The rest of the Thur night Shark plays were pretty well busts. Ryan Mathews was the best player to own and he was just 1% owned.
- DeSean Jackson and the Eagles offense will see a pretty pathetic Vikings defense, although I think the worry would be that the Eagles get up early and then you see a bunch of LeSean McCoy. I guess we are talking about the team that put up 37 touchdowns on the Raiders.
- Torrey Smith appeared in my Thursday DFS article so I’m a little glad to see him highly Shark owned. His price just offers a lot of value.
- I wasn’t really thinking a lot about Kirk Cousins which now seems illogical to me in hindsight (and is the whole reason I go through this exercise – to test my own thinking). It was illogical to not like Cousins because I did like Garcon. At $5100, I’ll probably get Cousins into a good number of Sunday lineups now.
- There are enough value options at other positions that I think you’ll be able to spend at TE this week. But given that fact, the ordering of the top TEs is a little screwy to me. It goes Gates, Gonzo and then Walker. In my mind I think you either go cheap with Walker in a good matchup, or you spend for Jimmy Graham (or maybe Jordan Cameron).
- The Dominator apps like Forte this week and it looks like the Sharks do too.
- You can use the app below to test out some Shark inspired lineups. The app will optimize for percent Shark owned, rather than any kind of point projection. If you want some GPP friendly lineup ideas you can restrict the percent owned number so that you don’t end up with guys who are highly owned.