Zach Pascal will lead Old Dominion into the Bahamas Bowl against Eastern Michigan on December 23. The redshirt senior enters the game with 3,145 career receiving yards and finished with back-to-back 100-yard contests after a slow middle of the season.
Pascal first came across my radar when college WR guru Jon Moore mentioned him as I was preparing for a developmental dynasty draft last summer. The 6-foot-2, 214-pound receiver was just finishing a season with 38 percent of the team’s receiving yards and 40 percent of ODU’s touchdowns. While his 2016 campaign was slightly off of those standards, his multi-faceted production and NFL size put him on the sleeper radar.
Zach Pascal – College Resume
- A peak season with a 39 percent combined market share and two season above 30 percent.
- 35 carries, 285 rushing yards, and a 75-yard score over the last two seasons.
- 651 career kick return yards.1
- Pascal even threw a 47-yard pass and is credited with seven tackles and a forced fumble.
- Pascal is five years removed from high school, and his redshirt senior season did not provide the type of boost necessary to give him an elite resume from a career market share perspective.
- According to College Football Reference, Old Dominion’s strength of schedule ranked No. 127. That’s out of 128 teams. His raw numbers are disappointing in that context.
- CBS ranks Pascal No. 37 at the WR position and projects him on the Round 7 borderline. Pascal will likely need to impress in a big way during offseason workouts in order to hear his name called during the 2017 draft.
Add Pascal to your watch list and keep an eye on his numbers this spring. If he shows NFL athleticism and lands in a good situation, he could be a late round pick in deep dynasty formats or a priority free agent next September.