In Must-Draft Running Backs for 2021 – Part 2, Curtis Patrick shares his 2021 fantasy running backs who won’t cost you a top-50 pick — but could win you a fantasy football championship.
In 2019, Curtis gave you Austin Ekeler long before anyone else had solved the Chargers backfield riddle. In 2020, he put you on Kareem Hunt when he was still being drafted at RB30 by ADP. Who’s up in 2021?
If you haven’t read Must Draft Running Backs for 2021 – Part 1, stop now and read it before you go any further here. I think the back in that article is the most important player in the top-50 of drafts this season.
- His expected fantasy points have increased each NFL season
- His fantasy points over expectation have increased each NFL season
- He was RB11 in PPR over a four-game stretch at one point in 2020
- His team has averaged 19.75 rushing touchdowns per season since 2017
- He was the most efficient running back in major college football history
And he’s being drafted outside the top 36 in drafts this year. Don’t draft again until you read Part 1.
Part 2 focuses on backs available outside the top 50. You will want to end up with at least one of the RBs mentioned in my two-part series. You won’t be able to collect them all and build a roster that works, but rostering at least one insures that you have the right kind of discounted upside to pull away from the pack in your league.
Now, on to Part 2.