Image via Keith Allison/Flickr.
*Not actually cheatcodes.
This is going to be a post for all you daily fantasy basketball junkies. Daily hoops can be extremely exhausting due to the massive day-to-day swings in player usage and match ups so this will serve as a great place to start when constructing your lineup.
These lineups are specific to DraftStreet, Draft Day, and FanDuel, thus it’s important to note that the scoring and position requirements at these sites are slightly different. One player might offer more value at one site, but not another.
I’ve used our extremely useful apps (for DraftStreet go here, Draft Day here, and FanDuel here) as well as some personal strategy to create a lineup for each site. I’ll be putting up two lineups each day on a rotating basis (DS/DD on Monday, DD/FD on Tuesday, FD/DS on Wednesday, and so on). I encourage you to utilize the apps I linked to above as they are some of the most valuable tools available in the daily fantasy community.
Finally, you should not just blindly follow these lineups. Very often guys are ruled out as it gets closer to tip-off and player usage becomes clearer. There are tons of places to check for pregame updates, but I’ve found Rotoworld and Twitter searches work best for me.
– Before I get to the games, I want to tell you about a pretty cool promo we are rolling out, we are offering a free three-month subscription for anyone who makes a new deposit with one of our partner sites using the referral code “revlis” or by using one of the following links – DraftDay, DraftStreet, and FanDuel – once you make a deposit, enjoy your rotoViz subscription plus higher first-time deposit bonuses. To expedite the process, confirm your deposit by sending an email with your daily fantasy username to email@example.com.
– Only three games tonight so this is going to be quick. Make sure to check the status of Tyson Chandler and Chris Paul before locking your lineups. I like both Kenyon Martin and Eric Bledsoe if they get the start, but neither if they don’t.
– Many people are going to start Jeff Green tonight with Kevin Garnett out, and while I have Green in my FanDuel lineup, I would make sure to get Paul Pierce in before him.
– Ricky Rubio is my absolute favorite play tonight. He’s sitting at a decent price on most sites and gets a very nice matchup against Detroit. Opposing point guards average over 2 steals, 9 assists, and 4 rebounds a game against the Piston, so Rubio should fill up the stat sheet.
– Shooting guard is extremely weak tonight so I’m grabbing O.J. Mayo and Brandon Knight (except on FanDuel where he doesn’t qualify for SG despite that being the position he plays!). Mayo has the upside you’re going to need to cash on a night when so many people will be playing the same guys. Knight is just a straight value play. He returned to the starting lineup against Charlotte on Sunday logging 37 minutes, which is all I need to see for someone that costs less than Jason Kidd.
– Carmelo and Blake Griffin will be rostered in close to every lineup, but I still think you need to have them in over Greg Monroe. If you can fit all three, great, but if you need to pick two, Melo and Blake are your best bets.
– Finally, last night was real whacky, as there was an absurd amount of value to be had, headlined by Brian Roberts, who dished out 18 assists. As we get closer to the end of the season, guys are going to start to get shut down as lottery teams go into full-tank mode so night’s like yesterday will be more common. My strategy in choosing between two relatively unknown, inexperienced bench guys who are getting big minutes is usually based on the matchups.