Image via Basketball Schedule/Flickr
*Not actually cheatcodes.
This is going to be a post for all you daily fantasy basketball junkies. Daily hoops can be extremely exhausting due to the massive day-to-day swings in player usage and match ups so this will serve as a great place to start when constructing your lineup.
These lineups are specific to DraftStreet, Draft Day, and FanDuel, thus it’s important to note that the scoring and position requirements at these sites are slightly different. One player might offer more value at one site, but not another.
I’ve used our extremely useful apps (for DraftStreet go here, Draft Day here, and FanDuel here) as well as some personal strategy to create a lineup for each site. I’ll be putting up two lineups each day on a rotating basis (DS/DD on Monday, DD/FD on Tuesday, FD/DS on Wednesday, and so on). I encourage you to utilize the apps I linked to above as they are some of the most valuable tools available in the daily fantasy community.
Finally, you should not just blindly follow these lineups. Very often guys are ruled out as it gets closer to tip-off and player usage becomes clearer. There are tons of places to check for pregame updates, but I’ve found Rotoworld and Twitter searches work best for me.
– Before I get to the games, I want to tell you about a pretty cool promo we are rolling out, we are offering a free three-month subscription for anyone who makes a new deposit with one of our partner sites using the referral code “revlis” or by using one of the following links – DraftDay, DraftStreet, and FanDuel – once you make a deposit, enjoy your rotoViz subscription plus higher first-time deposit bonuses. To expedite the process, confirm your deposit by sending an email with your daily fantasy username to email@example.com.
– The Bobcats simply cannot defend the center position. They give up 0.87 fantasy points per minute to opposing big men, which is the worst average of any team playing tonight against any single position. I like this matchup so much that I’m taking Emeka Okafor and Nene Hilario on DraftStreet.
– Greivis Vasquez continues be one of the more valuable players in daily hoops, especially on sites that reward more for assists. Vasquez is averaging 9.4 dimes a game and he gets a juicy matchup against Golden State.
– Kobe is doubtful against Phoenix tonight, which is more like a game-time decision for him. If the Black Mamba indeed sits, Antawn Jamison makes a good play at around 9k. He went 8-of-14 from the field last night in just under 35 minutes of action. I would expect slightly less production, but still enough for 20-25 fantasy points.
– Jeff Teague had a monster game last night and his salary has yet to adjust (12.8k on DS and $8.6k on DD), but know that you are playing with fire, as he is one of the most inconsistent players in the league.
– Thanks to DraftDay’s flexible salaries, I can get Al Horford, Steph Curry, Paul George, and Kemba Walker into my lineup. They all have +ev matchups and are projected to 30+ points.
– On DraftStreet it’s always important to find the $9-10k guys to allow some of the more expensive players in your lineup. Tonight that’s Steve Blake and Antawn Jamison. Again, I’m not touching either one of them if Kobe plays though.
– I love the Bulls who host the Nuggets in what should be one of the more entertaining games of the night. I’m going with Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson, as Denver is weak against opposing point guards and forwards. I also really like Joakim Noah, but I opted to go with Greivis Vasquez instead.
– Finally, we had another solid week playing these lineups. I was a little worse than I’ve been normally this season on FanDuel, but more than made up for it on DraftDay and DraftStreet. Good luck tonight and be sure to hit me up on Twitter if you have any lineup questions as we near tip-off.