This article is simple. I primarily run down my entire cash game thought process for the week. I won’t list plays for the sake of listing them. If I know early in the week which guy I am starting at QB, he’s the only guy I’ll mention.
I’m going to list my whole player pool at each position. Then I will write up the one guy at each position I feel the most strongly about. Think of the first article as a rough draft. As news happens throughout the week, I’ll post an updated player pool on Friday.
NOTE: PLAYERS ADDED TO MY PLAYER POOL ON FRIDAY WILL BE IN RED.
Week 10 Recap
Week 10 was rather frustrating. I missed cashing in double-ups by four points. It could’ve easily been a profitable week.
I put up a decent score considering I got an 8.98 from my QB. The Jay Cutler over Marcus Mariota play came to fruition because I really wanted to play Le’Veon Bell, David Johnson and Melvin Gordon together. With the other guys I wanted to fit in at WR, I didn’t have the $400 to get to Mariota.
Unfortunately, that didn’t work out in my favor. It has been an up and down season for me, but I can’t complain as I’m still up a little over $2,000 on the season and we still have seven weeks to go. Hopefully, I can get some momentum to finish out the year.
- Tom Brady
- Marcus Mariota
- Kirk Cousins – The Redskins lack a stable running game, although they have been feeding Rob Kelley 20+ carries in their last two games. They have still been averaging 407 yards of offense, per Rich Hribar. On the flip side, Packers have been struggling on defense, allowing 30+ points in the last three weeks. On paper, they grade out in the middle of defensive rankings. They rank 18th in pass DVOA and 16th in aFPA to opposing QBs. Cousins is only $5800 on DK and he has scored 15+ fantasy points in eight of his nine games. With how expensive Le’Veon Bell is, we’re going to need to save some salary somewhere to roster him. Cousins is a good start.
- Le’Veon Bell
- DeMarco Murray
- LeGarrette Blount (FD)
- Theo Riddick
- Frank Gore
- C.J. Prosise – For $4200 on DK and $4900 on FD, Prosise is the plug-and-play of the week; he’s a free space as of now. Prosise saw 24 touches in Sunday night’s game against the Patriots and they just released Christine Michael. Thomas Rawls should be back this week, but I wouldn’t expect to him to rush right into his full workload.
At the time of writing this, I don’t really have a strong take at the WR position so far. I’ll have one posted on my Friday update.
Antonio Brown A.J. Green
- Odell Beckham
- Julian Edelman – Edelman has turned into a core play for me at his moderate price tag on both sites. $6,000 is the cheapest he has been on DraftKings since Week 4. Since Tom Brady’s return, he is averaging 8.8 targets per game. He has seven or more targets in all of Brady’s starts, including two games with at least 10 targets. I’m always chasing volume at the WR position and Edleman provides that perfectly. It also doesn’t hurt he’s on one of the best offenses in football, with an implied team total of 32 points.
- Donte Moncrief
- Doug Baldwin
- Golden Tate
- Tyreek Hill
- Pierre Garcon (if DeSean Jackson out)
- Jordan Reed
- Martellus Bennett – With Rob Gronkowski projected to miss this game, Bennett becomes the obvious salary saver at TE for $3700 on DK and $5200 on FD. The Patriots have an implied team total of 32 points against the 49ers. It’s hard to not look at Bennett in this spot. His floor and ceiling are relatively high at a modest price.
- Charles Clay (punt)