This article is simple. I primarily run down my entire cash game thought process for the week. I won’t list plays for the sake of listing them. If I know early in the week which guy I am starting at QB, he’s the only guy I’ll mention.
I’m going to list my whole player pool at each position. Then I will write up the one guy at each position I feel the most strongly about. Think of the first article as a rough draft. As news happens throughout the week, I’ll post an updated player pool on Friday or Saturday.
NOTE: PLAYERS ADDED TO MY PLAYER POOL ON FRIDAY/SATURDAY WILL BE IN RED.
Week 11 Recap
Week 11 could’ve been a massive week for me had it not been for A.J. Green. I crossed him off my list on my Friday update becauseI had planned on playing Odell Beckham. I got scared off by the wind in the Giants game as the game total continued to drop with the wind conditions on Sunday. Green was a natural pivot off Odell Beckham. Having only lost $174 with a 0 from an $8300 WR, I’d still consider Week 11 a win. Oddly, I actually profited in my H2H games. I won around $200+ in my H2H games, but my GPP teams brought my total down. Mixed emotions for Week 11 as I could’ve had a nice week had I not had Green, but I could’ve lost so much more money. I’m still shocked at how little I lost. It has been a rough season so far, as I expected to be slightly more profitable at this point, but I can’t complain at roughly $2200+ on the season.
Week 12 Plays
- Drew Brees
- Russell Wilson
- Derek Carr – I really like this spot for Carr as the Panthers’ defense is in shambles with Luke Kuechly possibly out with a concussion. The Panthers have been much stronger against the run (6th in rush DVOA) and 19th in pass DVOA. They also rank 25th in 4for4’s schedule-adjusted average fantasy points allowed (aFPA) to opposing QBs, and ranked 1st in aFPA to RBs. The Panthers have allowed the third-most passing yards in the league, while Carr ranks sixth in passing yards and attempts.
- Carson Palmer
- David Johnson – I’m sure it’s not shocking I am writing up Johnson the RB I feel most comfortable about, but Le’Veon Bell wasn’t 100 percent owned last week in cash games so I thought it was only right. With Bell on the Thursday slate, Johnson makes for the cash game lock at RB to anchor your teams.
- Jay Ajayi
- Melvin Gordon
- Rashad Jennings
- Thomas Rawls
Lamar Miller Tim Hightower (If Mark Ingram is out)
- Jeremy Hill
- Amari Cooper – For all the reasons I mentioned for Derek Carr, Cooper may be my favorite DFS play for the WRs, but the difficulty comes with trying to fit him in if you up for a few expensive RBs. The Panthers rank 26th in aFPA to WRs and they rank 27th against No. 1 WRs per Football Outsiders DVOA metric.
- Larry Fitzgerald
- Brandin Cooks
- Julian Edelman
- Demaryius Thomas
- Rishard Matthews
- Devante Parker
- Malcolm Mitchell (DK if Chris Hogan is out)
- Tyler Boyd
- Greg Olsen
- Will Tye
- Martellus Bennett
- C.J. Fiedorowicz – I’m all about punting at TE when it comes to cash games because of how volatile the position is. Fiedorowicz stands out to me as the best cheap TE option. Over the last six weeks, Fiedorowicz is second on the team with 20 percent target share and he’s tied for second with 14.5 percent of their red zone target share. With seven or more targets in five of the last six games, and double-digit fantasy outings in four of those six, he’s a fine cheap option at TE for Week 12.