We spent all offseason discussing roster construction strategies to hack our way to a positive win rate in fantasy football best ball leagues. We’re now six weeks into the 2019 NFL season and can start to see trends emerging in Best Ball Player Win Rates.
Last week, Shawn Siegele highlighted the players with the highest win rates through five weeks. Before we get to the really interesting stuff, here’s an updated list of players with a 20% win rate.
- Christian McCaffrey’s dominating 34.2% win rate makes him the clear fantasy football MVP through Week 6.
- We see Austin Ekeler’s win rate starting to dip now that Melvin Gordon is back.
- Chris Godwin is the WR1 with four games above 25 PPR points.
- While many at RotoViz (myself included) loved Dede Westbrook this offseason, we were right that someone in the Jacksonville passing game would be a screaming value. Instead, it was D.J. Chark.
- The New England Patriots DST has provided the biggest positional advantage in fantasy football. Their 21.1% win rate is 8.7% higher than the next best defense, which is the highest gap between the No. 1 and No. 2 players in any position.
Now let’s home in on the quarterback position.
How Important Are QB Win Rates?
The QB with the highest win rate is Lamar Jackson. However, Jackson doesn’t show up until No. 11.