This is going to be a post for all you daily fantasy basketball junkies. Daily hoops can be extremely exhausting due to the massive day-to-day swings in player usage and match ups so this will serve as a great place to start when constructing your lineup.
These lineups are specific to DraftStreet, Draft Day, and FanDuel, thus it’s important to note that the scoring and position requirements at these sites are slightly different. One player might offer more value at one site, but not another.
I’ve used our extremely useful apps (for DraftStreet go here, Draft Day here, and FanDuel here) as well as some personal strategy to create a lineup for each site. I’ll be putting up two lineups each day on a rotating basis (DS/DD on Monday, DD/FD on Tuesday, FD/DS on Wednesday, and so on). I encourage you to utilize the apps I linked to above as they are some of the most valuable tools available in the daily fantasy community.
Finally, you should not just blindly follow these lineups. Very often guys are ruled out as it gets closer to tip-off and player usage becomes clearer. There are tons of places to check for pregame updates, but I’ve found Rotoworld and Twitter searches work best for me.
– Before I get to the games, I want to tell you about a pretty cool promo we are rolling out, we are offering a free three-month subscription for anyone who makes a new deposit with one of our partner sites using the referral code “revlis” or by using one of the following links – DraftDay, DraftStreet, and FanDuel – once you make a deposit, enjoy your rotoViz subscription plus higher first-time deposit bonuses. To expedite the process, confirm your deposit by sending an email with your daily fantasy username to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Just because the NCAA Tournament is going on doesn’t mean the NBA stops, in fact, tonight presents a good opportunity to win some money against people who are more fixated on their own brackets.
– There are two teams that I am targeting tonight: the Indiana Pacers and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
– Paul George has been very average the past two games (both of which David West has been out), but the Pacers have a very enticing matchup against Milwaukee. George’s price tag has fallen below $15k on DraftStreet and $8k on FanDuel, giving him some nice value. Staying with Indiana, I am extremely high on Roy Hibbert and Tyler Hansbrough. I’m going Hibbert on DS and Hansbrough on FD because of their salaries, but both should have productive games against the Bucks, who struggle mightily against opposing bigs.
– The Cavs-Rockets game should be high scoring as the over/under is currently at 212. With Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters out, Shaun Livingston and C.J. Miles will continue to produce. Tristan Thompson has also been very impressive, hitting at least 32 fantasy points in his last two games. On the flip side, Houston’s Chandler Parsons can be had for just $10.8k on DS. He has a great opportunity to break out of his mini-slump tonight against a very weak Cleveland squad.
– Nicolas Batum, the RotoViz Value Ratio Play of the Day, is one of the safer picks tonight. He’s not a sexy name, but he’ll get you 25-30 points most nights.
– John Wall came back down to earth after putting up five-straight 34+ fantasy point games, but he faces off against Old Man Nash tonight.
– Lost during the Heat’s streak has been how productive big men have been against them. Greg Monroe has a great chance to hit the 30-fantasy point mark, as the Heat will most likely extend their steak to 25.
– You’re telling me I can get Russell Westbrook for $17k on DraftStreet? Yes, he’s coming off a 7-25 shooting game. Yes, there’s tons of blow out potential against Orlando. And yes, I’m starting Westbrook with confidence.
– Make sure to check the status of Ersan Ilyasova as Samuel Dalembert’s value will be erased if he’s not in the starting lineup.