Image via Keith Allison/Flickr
*Not actually cheatcodes.
This is going to be a post for all you daily fantasy basketball junkies. Daily hoops can be extremely exhausting due to the massive day-to-day swings in player usage and match ups so this will serve as a great place to start when constructing your lineup.
These lineups are specific to DraftStreet, Draft Day, and FanDuel, thus it’s important to note that the scoring and position requirements at these sites are slightly different. One player might offer more value at one site, but not another.
I’ve used our extremely useful apps (for DraftStreet go here, Draft Day here, and FanDuel here) as well as some personal strategy to create a lineup for each site. I’ll be putting up two lineups each day on a rotating basis (DS/DD on Monday, DD/FD on Tuesday, FD/DS on Wednesday, and so on). I encourage you to utilize the apps I linked to above as they are some of the most valuable tools available in the daily fantasy community.
Finally, you should not just blindly follow these lineups. Very often guys are ruled out as it gets closer to tip-off and player usage becomes clearer. There are tons of places to check for pregame updates, but I’ve found Rotoworld and Twitter searches work best for me.
– Before I get to the games, I want to tell you about a pretty cool promo we are rolling out, we are offering a free three-month subscription for anyone who makes a new deposit with one of our partner sites using the referral code “revlis” or by using one of the following links – DraftDay, DraftStreet, and FanDuel – once you make a deposit, enjoy your rotoViz subscription plus higher first-time deposit bonuses. To expedite the process, confirm your deposit by sending an email with your daily fantasy username to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– J.J. Hickson should be on nearly everyone’s lineups tonight as the Blazers take on the Bucks, who rank dead last against opposing centers.
– On a night with only four games it’s key to find players who will be getting a bump in their minutes because of injury. Ersan Ilyasova is doubtful, which gives Marquis Daniels a few more opportunities against a Portland team that is nothing special defensively.
– The Pacers are a team I usually like to avoid, but again, the four games limits things. Indiana hasn’t been playing well lately and if they have a weak spot defensively it’s defending the point guard. Jameer Nelson is a pretty solid play in this one as well as teammate Tobias Harris, who I would like even more if David West misses his second-straight game tonight.
– It goes without saying really, but Kevin Durant is an absolute must start against the Nuggets. On DraftDay, I’m going with both Durant and Russell Westbrook, as the matchup is just two juicy to pass up.
– Patrick Patterson has been getting some extra looks with DeMarcus Cousins missing time, putting up 30 points in back to back games. Even if Boogie returns, the Kings’ coaching staff loves Patterson and will find a way to carve him out some minutes.
– I like both Chris Paul and Blake Griffin tonight, but can only afford one in my FanDuel lineup. Griffin is the cheaper option and I don’t think he’ll put up significantly less points.
– Last night was pretty disappointing for me, as the Lakers failed to get anything going against the lowly Suns and I didn’t have Jeff Green in my recommendations. Still, by utilizing the RotoViz apps we can crank out +ev lineups over the long the run.