We saved the best for last. Here’s the 2016 pre-NFL draft RotoViz rookie wide receiver rankings.
Like running back, we’re going 30 deep here. Based on 17 rankers, and 30 points for a first-place vote, the maximum point total is 510. Included for your reference is the most recent Rotoviz Scouting Index (RSI) rankings, so you can see where we differ from the scouting community.
|Michael Thomas OSU||339||11||5||-6|
|Mike Thomas SM||270||14||25||11|
Here it is in chart form.
What stands out to me is that there’s not much in the way of tiers there, at least at the top. We’ve got Corey Coleman on his own level, then Laquon Treadwell, Leonte Carroo, and Josh Doctson basically even. After that it’s just a slow steady march down.
Compared to the RSI, we’re especially bullish on Keyarris Garrett, the “other” Mike Thomas, Roger Lewis, and the aforementioned Carroo. Apparently we’re not Ohio State fans, as the two WRs we’re most down on are Michael Thomas and Braxton Miller. And although he doesn’t rank highly on either list, Byron Marshall cracks the top 30 as both a RB and WR.
In order of ranking:
- Is Corey Coleman elite, or a product of the system?
- Laquon Treadwell is the best WR prospect in 2016
- Leonte Carroo has the most amazing comps
- Josh Doctson is 23 and I’m not sure I care
- Will Fuller is shockingly undervalued
- Tyler Boyd profile
- Pharoh Cooper will make you the king of your rookie draft
- Does it matter that Sterling Shepard is the best route runner in the class?
- Rashard Higgins: Low cost, high upside
- Tajae Sharpe is arbitrage Tyler Boyd
- Michael Thomas is overrated
- Don’t sleep on Keyarris Garrett
- Why you shouldn’t care about Braxton Miller
- Meet Southern Miss Mike Thomas
- Malcolm Mitchell is being overlooked
- Roger Lewis profile
- Charone Peake: the next Martavis Bryant
- Hunter Sharp, but is he talented?
- Introducing Marquez North
- Daniel Braverman: 2016s Julian Edelman
- How big a deal is Aaron Burbridge?
- De’Runnya Wilson: the monster with questionable production
- Jakeem Grant: 2016s John Brown
- Demarcus Ayers can do it all
- Devon Cajuste won the combine
- Mitch Mathews looks like Marques Colston
See how each contributor ranked each player.