This article is part of “The Worksheet” from Rich Hribar, one of the fantasy industry’s most-read early week articles that provides unique statistics and expectations on every player for every game. Portions of “The Worksheet” will appear on RotoViz every week throughout the 2020 season. Read the full article at Sharp Football Analysis.
Eagles at 49ers
|44.9%||20||Opp. Rush %||42.3%||15|
|55.1%||13||Opp. Pass %||57.7%||18|
- Carson Wentz is averaging a league-low 5.6 yards per pass attempt from a clean pocket.
- Wentz currently is last among all quarterbacks in passing points per attempt (0.223).
- Wentz has not averaged 8.0 yards per pass attempt in a game since Week 1 of last season.
- San Francisco is allowing a league-low 9.2 yards per completion.
- The Eagles are averaging just 6.0 yards per pass attempt to their wide receivers (31st) after being 32nd in 2019 (6.5 Y/A).
- Targeting his running backs, Wentz is averaging 4.0 yards per attempt (25th) after 6.9 yards in 2019 (fifth).
- 49ers running backs lead the league as a group with 6.6 yards per touch and 223.7 yards from scrimmage per game.
- The 49ers are averaging 7.4 yards per attempt to their running backs, second in the league.
- Both Philadelphia and San Francisco are tied for third in the league in yards per play allowed (4.8).
You see the numbers above. It is not entirely Wentz’s fault as his entire receiving corps have deteriorated, but his own play is compounding things. Wentz has a career-high 4.5% interception rate now after a sub-2.0% rate the previous three years. Wentz’s yards per attempt have dropped each week of the season with multiple interceptions in each. The one thing that may save him here is if he can run like he did a week ago when he added 12.5 rushing points to his line and were more than the 9.0 passing points he provided. A year after struggling to contain mobile passers, San Francisco has allowed 13-91-1 to Kyler Murray in Week 1 and 5-49 rushing to Daniel Jones a week ago. Even with that potential spade, Wentz is a QB2 option with his limited arsenal.