In Dynasty Trade Diary No. 2, Curtis Patrick reviews his recent trade of D.J. Moore as he prepares for the 2022 FFPC Dynasty Rookie Drafts.
Dynasty Trade Diary – How to Trade Up in Your Rookie Draft
Entry No. 2
League: FFPC Dynasty $250 #106 (Startup in 2019)
Format: 1QB, TE Premium scoring
Lineups: Start 10 (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 DEF)
Notable Assets (Pre-Trade)
QB – Dak Prescott
RB – Antonio Gibson, Cordarelle Patterson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
WR – Tyreek Hill, D.J. Moore, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, Tyler Lockett
TE – Mike Gesicki, Noah Fant
2022 Rookie Picks – 1.06, 2.02, 2.04, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02
Finishes by year:
2019 – 3rd
2020 – Champion
2021 – 7th, missed playoffs
I’ve enjoyed championship depth at wide receiver for the past few seasons. However, in 2022 there are some question marks with this group.
- Hill no longer has to split target share with Travis Kelce, but how will he be affected by the quarterback downgrade from Patrick Mahomes to Tua Tagavailoa?
- Moore has to deal with another season of Sam Darnold and potentially a mid-season quarterback change to Matt Corral as the Panthers coaching staff has to be feeling desperate to keep their jobs at this point.
- Cooper did as well for his dynasty outlook as he could have hoped if he had to relocate away from Dak Prescott — but how many games will he get to play with Deshaun Watson in 2022?
- Cooks re-upped in Houston after looking solid yet again in 2021, but will John Metchie eat into his target share a bit?
- Lockett has to figure out how to transition from Russell Wilson to some kind of dreadful Hydra quarterback with heads of Drew Lock, Geno Smith, and potentially another who has yet to be signed.
All of these players are really good pros, so it’s possible my fears will not come to pass. However, pivoting to a few receivers tied to more stable quarterback situations is a priority for me.
I’ve also decided I wanted to move up in the rookie draft, ideally into the top four picks. Moving up from the 1.06 could enable me to add one of our Tier 1A rookies for 1QB leagues, or take Kenneth Walker III to solidify my running back situation.
The first offer I sent was accepted.
Date: May 1, 2022
D.J. Moore, Rookie 1.06