Hello football fan friends! It’s time for the first annual Top 100 Future Fantasy Football Stars list. If you’re new to the idea, it’s very simple. This is a list of the top 100 college football players (from freshman to super senior) that I believe will be drafted early and make a significant impact on NFL fantasy football teams within the next few years.
This is not necessarily a “how good this player will be for real football game impact” conversation. This is specifically designed for you to use as an initial data set in your fantasy football and NFL Draft research that could help you win fantasy championships for years to come! And of course, it’s here to help you learn a few fun things to help you sound smart talking football with your friends.
Believe me when I say this list has been a work in progress for years. Thanks to some truly odd college fantasy and devy leagues, I’ve been following most of these players since early high school. It’s a blast for me to finally see them in a position to dominate the college landscape, live their dream, and help you (the reader) win fantasy championships.
I used to keep things limited to offensive players, but for those of you who are super nerds like me, having some individual defensive players (IDPs) included definitely helps.
Some things to note as you read:
The position listed is where I believe they will play most frequently in the NFL
- “EDGE” players are typically 3-4 outside linebackers or pass-rushing 4-3 defensive ends
- “DL”s are typically DTs and DEs that will work exclusively between the 0 and 5 techniques on the defensive line
- “LB”s are the playmaking off-the-ball linebackers
- “S”s are going to be players who will likely see some sort of mix in deployment between free safety, strong safety, box defender, and slot corner.
- There won’t be any strictly outside cornerbacks found on this list. That position is completely replaceable week to week in nearly every fantasy football format.
Scoring format assumed is Superflex (can start 2 QBs), PPR, and a balance between tackle-heavy and big-play (for the IDPs)
So without further ado, here is the very first Top 100 Future Fantasy Football Stars list.