Trying to punt the startup but can’t get decent trades for 2023 first-round picks? Want to win bigger and faster than those trades would allow? Shawn Siegele dives into the perfect PCW draft for patient, yet aggressive, dynasty managers.
As training camp progresses, new dynasty leagues are all the rage. You can join an RV TriFlex league or use the intel from these leagues to dominate your own private league.
In Part 3 of my startup-specific workshop, I broke down 6 Early-Round Tactics That Provide the Flexibility to Win in Any Context. The “any context” part is important, because your leaguemates aren’t going to give you the same puzzle to solve in every draft. My two focus leagues fell on opposite ends of the spectrum.
|League Pat Kerrane||League Matt Jones|
|Trade Culture||Fast and furious||Slow and skeptical|
|Draft Culture||Build a dynasty||Build a winner|
You can’t simply set a plan before the first pick and execute robotically. Trading down in your startup is like having a superpower, but what if your particular league offers terrible trade-down prices (as was the case in League Matt Jones)? And what if the best offers for 2023 first-round picks would leave you with a barren roster multiple years from competitiveness?
While the previous lesson helps you balance flexibility and aggressiveness in the early rounds, today’s lesson helps you take the next step and crush your leaguemates by exploiting broken ADPs in the remaining high-leverage rounds. It’s the win-faster, win-bigger strategy for punting Year 1 and dominating every subsequent campaign. Dynasty managers have gotten far more sophisticated in the last few years, but ADPs and trade calculators are still playing catch up.
The RotoViz tiered rankings help you navigate the tension between current points and future trades, and our attached trade values help you consistently profit from bad pricing in the general dynasty market.
The 2022 Dynasty Workshop – Building the Permanent Championship Window
- Trade Down, Not Out, To Build a Better-Than-Best-Possible Dynasty Juggernaut
- Round 1 Startup Tactics Will Determine Your Fate for Years
- Maintaining Your Flexibility to Win in Year 1 . . . or Benefit from Losing
- How to Manipulate a Rookie Draft
- Rookie Draft Trade Tactics: A Perpetual Motion Machine That Prints Money
- Blockbuster Trades – Keep the Permanent Championship Window Open
- 5 Orphan Tactics for Building a Long-Term Juggernaut
- Player Valuations and Philosophy
- Optimal Lineup Construction and When to Pivot
- Putting the Lessons Together for a Win Now/Win Later Juggernaut
Looking for the perfect complementary read? Check out Bjorn Yang-Vaernet’s RV TriFlex Startup Analysis: The Perfect Time to Load Up at WR.